Saturday, March 8, 2014

Week Four




Is it really week four? I don't even know anymore. 

For the past few weeks I have had to pull back and regroup. Painting has not been going very well, painful in fact, and repainting wasn't working either. Both of which put me in a funk. 

This was a new painting.... after trying to figure out what I really would paint if I could paint anything, I thought BIG black and white paintings... went to the basement and pulled out a large gessoed piece of un-stretched canvas and painted a crow. It was terrible.
 The next morning it was still terrible.
So I made into this bag. 

It works as a bag! 




I started to pull old work off stretcher bars and sew. 

A couple I thought needed repainting to make a better bag, 
but then after repainting, I think I now like them as paintings.

 I'll have to live with them for a while before I decide what they'll end up as.





Can't let go of the process of painting, so I am limping along for now. 


This is a transistor radio I bought at a flea market just to paint:






Transistor Radio, acrylic on board, 8" x 10"


I don't know why I am being drawn to objects with a lot of detail, but that's how it is right now.







I was talking about this project the other day with a parent 
and we were both remarking on how these are often our favorite kid's art projects,
 simple objects drawn with charcoal and white pastel, mounted together.




No comments:

Post a Comment