Thursday, April 25, 2013

Week 12




Unfinished Boat, acrylic on board, 12"x 12"



The unfinished week. Life interfered with painting this week. Tonight as I was working on the boat, I realized I'd better stop before I dropped. Will post finished boat soon. This series is the first time I've worked on board and I'm doing so because of STORAGE. My series of the 36 views of Mt. Tamalpais and the 36 birds (all painted on canvas) took up a lot of space in the studio.






Cows on Road, acrylic on board, 14" x 11"


Again, not quite finished. Almost, but it needs an hour or so more. 
This is a scene I came across just off Highway 5 on the way to Los Angeles.







Obama, acrylic on board, 10" x 8"


It amazes me how one small brush stroke can change an expression. He's smiling more broadly in the photo I used, but I couldn't capture it. Maybe he's just more subdued for me. Obama is the reason I started on this path of painting portraits, I was doing studies of eyes, noses and mouths with my students and I used Obama's mouth as an example. It really looked like his teeth and I thought, hey I can do portraits! 

No comments:

Post a Comment