Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Bicoastal Project, Week 11 & 12

Like many bloggers I follow, I got a bit behind these last few weeks, 
not too busy to paint, but too busy to post. I apologize.

These two paintings are similar in that the water in the backgrounds have a lot of details, and details are never easy. Since I have an affinity for painting birds, I had to do this one, but the cattails were a little crazy making. Am I just complaining here? 
I am still so satisfied that each time I tackle these images from Libby Ellis, I start feeling doubtful I can do her images justice, and I end up satisfied with the final result. I can paint water. Who knew?







Black Bird on Cattails, Painting by Kalen Meyer
10" x 10", Acrylic on canvas






Black Bird on Cattails, Photograph by Libby Ellis








Three Buoys, Painting by Kalen Meyer
10"x 10", Acrylic on canvas







Three Buoys, Photograph by Libby Ellis

No comments:

Post a Comment