Friday, May 17, 2013

Week 15




Nia, acrylic on board, 8"x 10"


Lately my life has been about this girl. My one time little one is turning 18 tomorrow and leaving for Montreal in the fall. I knew I wanted to do a portrait of her but couldn't find the perfect photograph and then realized I never would. And to do just one would be impossible, so here is one of more to come.







Richmond San Rafael Bridge, acrylic on board, 12"x 9"


The bridge that connected us to my grandparents... I can still remember driving home from their house at night as a child sleepy in the car watching the overhead lights flicker by. 
The only time I've been in a traffic jam on this bridge was the morning my grandfather died and we were in a hurry to get to him.







Polaroid, acrylic on board, 14" x 11"


I could paint cameras for the rest of my life and would be happy doing so.




No comments:

Post a Comment