Friday, May 10, 2013

Week 14




Tea and Milk, acrylic on board, 12" x12"


From a photo taken a long time ago by my then young son. My tea, his milk.







Road in France, acrylic on board, 12"x 9"


From a photograph of my grandfather standing on this road with a bicycle in a suit and bow tie. 
I don't actually know if it's France, but I know he went there on a trip as a young man.





Becca, acrylic on board, 8" x 10"


A portrait of my friend Becca on what should have been her 55th birthday. 
I painted it for her daughter and gave it to her tonight.
I thought it might be hard or sad to do this portrait, but I found it was the opposite... it was as if she were with me, and quite cheerful. I knew her since childhood and she became my climbing partner.
She died of cancer a couple of years ago. I miss her.



1 comment:

  1. Kalen - I am so glad to be following these images as they emerge - and hearing your voice speaking about them - so true - so direct - so clear. Helps me trust my own voice and visual offerings out in the world - thank you thank you - bb

    ReplyDelete